Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spike II



I Choose to Forgive

Though the cuffs of my jeans are muddied
from the dirt you have dragged me through,
I choose to forgive.

Though the nails of my fingers are bloodied 
from the fighting you've forced me to do,
I choose to forgive.

Though no book or belief I have studied
can make sense of the path you pursue,
I choose to forgive.

Though the walls of my heart are broken
and the centre of my self is black-bruised
by the lash of the lies you've spoken
and the wounds of the words that you've used,
though I huddle, a tear-trembling tragedy
stripped of the power to trust,
blocked off from all who might help me
by the guilt that came wrapped with your lust,
I choose to forgive.

And this act alone
breaks the cycle.
This act alone
rights the wrong.
This act alone
ends the evil.
This act alone
makes me strong,

heals blind hatred with soft sight,
kicks the darkness into light.

I choose to forgive.

Gerard Kelly


Watercolour on paper











No comments:

Signup To My Newsletter

…..