Monday, December 17, 2012

Redemption...


"There is a way to be good again"
― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

I enjoyed the Kite Runner as a movie, not because of the plot necessarily ( I found some of the final scenes a little unbelievable) but rather because it was shot in a city I had the honour to live in for almost ten years. Watching an ancient Silk Road city in the wilds of North West China being invaded by DreamWorks was amusing if a little bizarre. The local population took a few months to realise that their city was playing host to an extremely wealthy guest, then they wised up and started to cash in.
I'm still not sure what the reaction would be of the more conservative elements in the town if they had realised what the theme of the movie was let alone some of the scenes it showed!

Watercolour on paper.






No comments:

Signup To My Newsletter

…..