Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ottoman chic


My pictures are taking while to produce at the moment what with my recent experiments with 'Art of the Real'/ultra realism etc...  I'm being drawn more and more to rusty objects and walls with graffiti etc.. I blame David Poxon's captivating work which is going on exhibition shortly in London.


In the mean time I remain in awe of Ottoman design and genius for pattern and style. More of this next week as I go to the heartland of Ottoman tile making in Iznik.


Watch this space.


2 comments:

davidpoxon said...

Ewan ! inspired to know my work is influencing such a talented watercolourist as yourself ! keep the faith , there is no limit to where watercolour can go.
cheers
david

Ewen MacDonald watercolouristanbul said...

Well, thanks to you for pushing the limits...

Signup To My Newsletter

…..