Monday, April 9, 2012

Struggle...



I'm reluctant to write the word 'Jihad' here as one wonders if the very mention of that word puts one on some list somewhere whereby I'd get some unwanted 'followers' tracking my every move etc.. 

'Neyse' as the Turks say (anyhow...) it's actually a good word that denotes struggle. It describes the wrestling that goes on between one's 'flesh' (nefs - http://tureng.com/search/nefs) and the spirit. Wrestling with one's 'flesh' (an old fashioned concept) is not something I noticed having a particularly high priority rating in the West these days, an interesting worldview difference.....

I continue my experiments with more abstract work.... 

1 comment:

Perrine Renoir said...

so glad for the explanation. really, we learn new things everyday.

Signup To My Newsletter

…..