Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quiet Death



This is a bit of a departure. Maybe getting my car through what we'd call an MOT in the UK and here a 'muayene' has gone to my head. I don't really like cars, buying one was a tortuous decision, I haven't owned one for twelve years and I've enjoyed every minute of it. 


In the end the decision to buy one was a difficult one. I was swung by the thought of some mobile freedom after too many Saturday afternoons spent inside after none of us could face more hours on an Istanbul bus going nowhere fast. 


This sad example was pointed out to me by a friend with a Land Rover fantasy. Despite my attempt being a little rugged and raw I feel the whole area of automobiles could have some potential, no really it could. Next week I'll be back to the hum drum of painting Ottoman graves.....

3 comments:

K Howell said...

Nice portrayal of the All Powerful Vehicle upon which we all depend. Almost ominous. An object of reverence that only the initiated understand...

John Salmon said...

Like this Ewen.

Ewen MacDonald watercolouristanbul said...

Glad you like it John, it's a little eccentric though...

Signup To My Newsletter

…..