Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Top Ten LEAST painted scenes of Istanbul....


One point six million cars in a city of 18 million people. I'm not sure where that places Istanbul in the world in terms of car ownership per head of population, maybe not that high I suppose. However, when one drives in Istanbul it certainly feels like car ownership is something like 14 cars per head of population, I guess you could call it the traffic equivalent of 'wind chill factor'.

So what has that to do with the picture? The scene above is a picnic area right on the edge of the city, surrounded by freeways, you wouldn't make it without a car. 
I'm glad we've got one.

The limited palette I used worked well with this one, wet on dry with a little wet on wet.


I'd like to be able to say this is our car but it's not...


1 comment:

K Howell said...

Lovely airy trees! Nice car - it seems to be doing its bit to reduce its own emissions, with the trunk growing out of it!

Signup To My Newsletter

…..