Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Lost Painting ....

Zeynep Sultan Mosque - Sirkeci - Istanbul





My friends in Istanbul like this picture. To a European it can appear a little gothic or even threatening, but locals seem to choose it above other pictures I've done of Istanbul scenes. I was pleased with the way the oil pastel in blue and yellow worked well with the black watercolour.

I would love to say that I have sold it, but alas there are worse things than not selling work, I lost it! On my way somewhere in a taxi, in a hurry, I left it in the car.

Maybe some Istanbul taxi driver is settling down each night in his salon, after a frustrating busy day spent besieged by traffic. As he gazes upon this picture, sipping his tea and meditating on his own rich Ottoman heritage, he begins to sense the greatness that made the Ottomans the superpower of their age... probably not.




No comments:

Signup To My Newsletter

…..